Invasive Alien Species
Species Name: Sacciolepis myosuroides
- Family Name:
- Panicum myosuroides R.Br.
- Annual or perennial. Stem erect or prostrate at the base. Leaf sheaths glabrous or ciliate above, usually shorter than internodes, compressed; ligule 1-1.5 mm long, usually ciliate; blades flat or rolled, 5-20 x 2-4 mm. Inflorescence spike-like, very compact, cylindric, 5-20 cm long, 3-5 mm in diameter; spikelet blunt to rather acute, glabrous or sparsely short-hairy near apex, 1.5-2 mm long, lower glume half as long as the spikelet, 5-nerved, upper glume not much inflated, 7-9 nerved, upper lemma as long as the spikelet.
- Invaded Habitat:
- Almost indistinguishable with S. indica.
- Throughout Indonesia except Moluccas as far as known
- Found at 50-700 m altitude
- Backer , C. A. & R. C. Bakhuizen Van Den Brink. 1965. Flora of Java Vol. III. N.V. P. Noordhoff. Groningen, Netherlands
- Soerjani, M., A. J. G. H. Kostermans & Gembong Tjitrosoepomo (Eds.). 1987. Weeds of Rice in Indonesia. Balai Pustaka. Jakarta.